The Capital Investment Advisors team identifies five key questions you should be asking when it comes to planning for Social Security in this recent article on ClarkHoward.com.
It’s always a good idea to speak with a trusted financial advisor that can help you think through your questions and plan out your retirement. If you like reviewing things on your own before meeting with that advisor, then there are some factors you should consider before scheduling a meeting. Ask yourself these five questions:
- Would it be beneficial to seek the advice of a financial advisor?
- What are the maximum payable benefits and average monthly benefits?
- Should I take Social Security early?
- What can I expect if I delay my Social Security benefits?
- What happens if I earn additional income after retirement?
Remember, if Social Security is going to be one of your main income streams in retirement, it is essential to maximize your benefits.
Read the original article here.